Today’s guest is Nashville based mixer Brent Hendrich. With over 20 years of experience as a freelancer Brent has logged countless hours of time in the recording studio, worked on a Dove award winning record, and contributed to Emmy award-winning compositions. We chat about being willing to invest in your growth, working in Cubase, mix prep, starting a career in Nashville, and the power of setting specific goals.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- Big Studio vs Home Studio Paths
- The power of specific goals
- Working on pop music in a country town
- Using blind A-B tests when mixing
- Working with an accountability coach
- Mixing in Cubase
- Attending SAE
- Reflecting on your past work
- Mixing as you produce
- Noticing what your clients think you do best
- Navigating the slow patches
- Investing in your growth
- Mix Prep and file delivery
Mentioned in the Show:
Travis' Intro: Trusting Your Taste
Learn More About Brent Hendrich...
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Brent Hendrich
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference