Marketing for Musicians | with Lior Aharoni and Daniel Sander of Feature.FM
Today’s episode is a special bonus all about marketing for musicians. My guests are Feature.FM CEO and Co-Founder Lior Aharoni and Chief Commercial Officer Daniel Sander. Lior founded Feature.FM in 2013, combining his past technology experience with his passion for helping musicians and creators focus on their art while still building a thriving independent business. Daniel has been with Feature.FM since 2014 and has spent countless hours working with hundreds of artists and marketers to understand their needs and then implement those features into the platform. We chat about pre-release and post-release strategies, the “Evergreen Presave”, how to take advantage of viral moments, and the importance of building community around your music.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- The ideal release plan for independent artists in 2022
- The importance of "link in bio" on social media platforms
- Building community around your music
- Collecting fan information so you can connect with them directly
- Pre-Release vs Post-Release strategies
- The Metrics & Data that DSPs and A&R use to gauge artist performance
- The "Evergreen Presave" Strategy
- The rise of short-form video and how musicians can use it to connect with fans
- Educating yourself about the tools available to you
- The impact of Pre-Saves
Learn More About Feature.FM...
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Crescendo: The World's First Subscription Mixing Service
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Progressions the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Check out the Progressions Podcast Setup
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Lior Aharoni & Daniel Sander
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference