Today’s guest is London based producer, composer, session musician, and sound designer Will Hatton. Will’s main focus is producing and releasing music under the moniker Hush Child, but he’s got an array of other things on his plate as well. He composes for and works with various creative agencies, streams life lo-fi performances, and curates an educational YouTube series called “Inspired By...”. We have a great conversation about staying focused, scheduling your time, reflecting on your results, and stepping up to the plate for your endeavors.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Reflecting on your process
- Fiercely defending and managing your time
- The dangers of taking feedback too literally
- Keeping yourself accountable
- YouTube and the future of learning
- The path of the modern musician
- Going against the dated structure of education
- Staying ahead of social media trends
- Being a session musician from a young age
- From metal to hip hop
- Multiple streams of income and managing finances
- Always learning
- Structuring your day and scheduling
- Running a studio in Brick Lane
Learn More About Will Hatton...
"Inspired By... " YouTube Channel - https://youtube.com/willhatton
Instagram - https://instagram.com/thewillhatton
Website - www.willhattonmusic.com
Listen to Hush Child on Spotify
The Complete Producer Network: https://www.completeproducer.net/
Turning Point Coffee Roasters: https://www.turningpointcoffeeroasters.com/
Turning Point Code: PROGRESSIONS
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Will Hatton
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference